mysql 5.6 ubuntu 15.04 cannot find correct my.cnf file -


i attempting move mysql db onto upgraded server newer version of ubuntu running (15.04), , after installing lamp, went edit bind address in my.cnf file. below see in /etc/mysql/my.cnf. added [mysqld] , bind address = new address nothing seems allow remote client connect db. online , ip address should correct. missing? why my.cnf bare?

# # mysql database server configuration file. # # can copy 1 of: # - "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" set global options, # - "~/.my.cnf" set user-specific options. #  # 1 can use long options program supports. # run program --help list of available options , # --print-defaults see understand , use. # # explanations see # http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-system-variables.html  # # * important: additional settings can override file! #   files must end '.cnf', otherwise they'll ignored. #  !includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/ !includedir /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/ 

stupid me, apparently in version mysqld.cnf under /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/. oh well. posting in case else has problems.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magento/PHP - Get phones on all members in a customer group -

php - .htaccess mod_rewrite for dynamic url which has domain names -

Website Login Issue developed in magento -